Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Watching out for her Father


This was so touching I couldn't wait to post.

We are a Christian family. Prayer is a very important part of any day. I was very happy to hear that Grandma always asks a blessing on her food - just like I was raised doing.

I don't ask her to pray very often because her prayers can run pretty long, but they're always special. :) I am always reminded when she prays that while she struggles to express herself and I may not understand what she's saying, her Father in Heaven has no problem understanding her.

Today, I asked Grandma if she would like to say a blessing for our lunch. She started with a very loving address to her Father. She expressed gratitude for our meal and for me taking care of her. There was some that I couldn't understand, and then she closed by asking Him to take care of himself. I just thought that was so sweet that she would worry about the Lord's well-being.

1 comment:

  1. I love this! I'm so glad you are posting while it's fresh in your memory.

    ReplyDelete