Tuesday, December 29, 2009

A Whole New World


My daughter got a CD player for Christmas and has been repeatedly listening to my old copy of the soundtrack from the Disney movie Aladdin. I have the song "A Whole New World" stuck in my head right now, and it occurred to me that it's a completely appropriate phrase for the changes going on in our lives.

We have truly started a whole new world in our home.

My husband's dear grandmother is going to be spending a few days a week with me. As is the case with many older people, her mind doesn't function the way it used to. In her best interest, she needs to have someone with her at all times to make sure she's taken care of and is safe and healthy. Since I'm home all day, part of her daily care will be on my shoulders.

As the past couple of weeks of spending time with her has gone by, I have shared a few of the more entertaining stories with one of my friends. She made the suggestion that I should blog about it. At first, I didn't think it was appropriate, but I've decided that I owe it to the world to share the joys of spending time with this wonderful lady. She deserves a tribute!

No comments:

Post a Comment